Nilfisk-Advance A/S was founded in 1906 as P.A Fisker & Nielsen, the names of the two founders.
As early as 1909, the innovative P.A Fisker recognised the need for a modern, portable cleaning aid - and the Nilfisk vacuum cleaner came into being.
Since then, many developments have taken place: Nilfisk-Advance A/S has always made quality a top priority while keeping in step with times.
Today Nilfisk-Advance A/S is a modern and innovative company with sales in countries around the globe.
1906: Fisker & Nielsen founded
- 1910: Fisker & Nielsen launched the first vacuum cleaner, called C1
1932: New Nilfisk vacuum cleaner was launched - "The silent Dane"
1940: Advance Machine Company is founded
- 1954: More than one million Nilfisk vacuum cleaners has been sold.
Worlds first floor scrubber introduced
- 1988: Gerni is acquired
1989: Fisker & Nielsen acquired by NKT Group
1990: Worlds first commercial rider introduced
- 1994: Advance Machine Company and Schwamborn acquired
- 1998: The Group is named "Nilfisk-Advance"
- 1998: Euroclean/Kent is acquired from Electrolux
2000: CFM is acquired